We are all guilty of keeping around our old favorite lip glosses and mascaras longer then we should. Next time, THINK TWICE! Using makeup after it has gone bad can put your skin at risk for breakouts, acne and eye infections. The shelf life of your makeup begins the day you open it.
RULE: As soon as a product starts to develop a funky smell… TOSS IT!
- MOISTURIZER: 6 MONTHS
- LIPSTICK AND LIPGLOSS: 1-2 YEARS
- EYE SHADOW/ BRONZER/ POWDERS: 1-2 YEARS
- EYE AND LIP PENCILS: 2-3 YEARS
- FOUNDATIONS AND CONCEALERS: 1-2 YEARS
- MASCARA AND LIQUID EYELINER: 3-4 MONTHS
Every time you dip the wand into the tube and onto your lashes, you are adding more bacteria to your mascara. Try to avoid pumping the wand in and out of the tube. Instead, swirl the wand inside the tube to prevent extra air from getting in and drying your product out quicker.
- To make your products last longer, wash your brushes often to avoid transferring bacteria from your face to your makeup.
- Sharpen your eye and lip pencils before every use.
- Touch your makeup as little as possible.
- Try using a makeup spatula to dip your makeup out of the container instead of dipping your brush directly into the product.
- Store your makeup in a cool, dry and clean place.